Loving the Koshary since August 2005

15 February 2006

Why I Don't Like Jazz

The Argus Leader's Robert Morast sums up, on his blog, why we both don't like it (or just don't understand it):
"You know, I'm not a cultured jazz head. I'll probably never be a cultured head. This is mostly because I don't understand the audio allure of frenetic bursts of unsyncopated rhythms and notes that quickly die down to work back into the primary melody. It seems ostentatious and unecessary . . . "
Amen, brother. Now blues, on the other hand . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are different kinds of jazz, give yourself a chace and sample a bit.

for starters try Aziza Mustafa Zadeh she rulez

3:07 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger jfugleberg said...

Duly noted. I'm not too much of a snob to try out recommendations. Thanks!

9:14 AM, February 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker