Loving the Koshary since August 2005

04 February 2006

EGYPT WINS!!!!!

Egypt beat the Democratic Republic of Congo's football (I mean, soccer) team last night in the African Cup quarterfinals. I didn't get to see the game live, but I saw all the highlights later. For hours, boisterous Egyptians drove around town tooting their horns - "honk, honk, honk-honk-honk" - and waiving the Red, White and Black. Even the police down at my corner joined in, echoing back the car horns with their whistles. It's a big game for them - from here they move on to the semi-finals to do battle with the Teranga Lions of Senegal (M, your team's going down!)

I'll be sure to see that game as it happens. I think nobody is happier than an Egyptian when the Pharaohs win, and nobody is harder to be around when they lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker