Loving the Koshary since August 2005

08 August 2005

Back in Blog - Part Deux

So, I really mean it this time.
I'm furiously buying things, trying on clothes and trying to get over homesickness early. I'm not really succeeding with any of it. But Aug. 25 (fly-out date) is quickly arriving, and ready or not Cairo, here I come.

I'm ordering books I may or may not want to bring with me across the pond. Either way, they'll be read. And - I have two of them, simply because I needed to spend $25 for the free SUPER shipping. OK, I wanted to read the both, as well.

One is by Max Rodenbeck, the current Economist correspondent in Cairo. While disparaged by some critics for a far-too-broad overview of Cairo history (oh, tut-tut [natch]), I can't doubt that Rodenbeck has a superb understanding of Cairo as it is now. And, since that's where I'm going, I care-and shall therefore read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker